• STEP ONE - REVIEW COURSE REQUIREMENTS or Jump to Registration Page
Dates: Savannah Class Sessions, Mondays, 9/9/2013 to 11/25/2013
Time: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Location: Coastal Georgia Center, Savannah, Ga.
Dates: Brunswick Class Sessions, Alternate Saturdays, 9/14/2013 to 11/23/2013
Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (one hour lunch break)
Location: Pinova Inc, Brunswick, Ga.
Mandatory Orientation Savannah and Brunswick class, Wednesday, 9/4/2013, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Coastal GA Center, Savannah, GA
Cost: $965 SHRM national or chapter member / $1040 non-SHRM member
Late rate: $1140 after noon, Monday, 8/12/2013
Registration ends: noon, Friday, 8/23/2013
"I can honestly attest to the value of this class". VIEW TESTIMONIALS
Why This Course is For You!
This non-credit class is designed for you, as a human resource professional, to further your HR knowledge and help you prepare to take the (Senior) Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) certification exam.
Offered in cooperation with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the SHRM Learning System course was designed by subject matter experts and includes 33 hours of classroom review, 6 print workbooks and an expansive range of online study materials.
Taking this face-to-face university-based course from Georgia Southern University has distinct advantages over studying the SHRM Learning System as a web-based course or self-study option. Our experienced instructors drawn on their own experience as HR practitioners to help you develop a more in-depth understanding of topics you may never have encountered in the workplace. You also get the added benefits of interaction with peers, a structured classroom environment and study-oriented syllabus, and the shared e-mail discussion list available to all class members and instructors 24-7.
While the SHRM Learning System course is not a prerequisite if you are planning
to take the exam, it is the most widely used study guide. As a certification
preparation program, it consistently beats the national pass rate.
- Advance orientation & email discussion group keep you connected and informed
- Periodic content-review tests help track your progress and focus your study hours more effectively
- Spiral-bound notebook includes pre-printed PowerPoint scans to speed inclass notetaking
- Class final exam provides final practice for timed PHR/SPHR online exam
- Topic-tests for every module to check how well you're retaining new knowledge
- Up-to-date legislative changes and new HR developments
- Ask-The-Expert section for users to ask follow-up questions
- Test-taking strategies for approaching the exam and increasing success rates
- A feedback feature that provides opportunities for program evaluations and suggestions
- Free webcasts and audio casts highlighting essential topics
- Archived webcasts are available 24 hours a day
- Links to additional information cited in the modules
Who Should Attend:
- HR practitioners in any area wanting to enhance or advance their career
- Experienced managers who have added human resources responsibilities
- Military recruiters and personnel officers transitioning to the civilian workforce
- HR professionals planning to take the PHR or SPHR certification exam
- PHR-certified individuals pursuing the SPHR certification
- Best Practices, laws and regulations in each main area of Human Resources
- An overview of the HR Body of Knowledge. For details, click HERE
- Topics covered:Strategic HR Management, Workforce Planning & Employment, HR Development, Total Rewards, Employee & Labor Relations, and Risk Management
Certified HR Professionals, please note: This course has been approved for general recertification credit for the PHR, SPHR and GPHR designations.