GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY presents:
SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Management
Corporate Training Seminar
Registration closes noon, Friday, 10/11/13
Location: Coastal Georgia Center, Savannah
Format: 15 hours of instruction
Dates: Thursday, 10/24/2013 to Friday, 10/25/2013
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., lunch on your own
Cost: $549 per person / non-SHRM member
$499 per person / SHRM national or chapter member
Course fee includes: SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Management workbook and online access
* NOTE to SHRM members: Early registrants who are current members of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) may apply the discounted SHRM member fee, so long as they provide their national member ID number or confirmation from their chapter's membership chair.
Approved for 12 general credit hours by the
HR Certification Institute.
Sharpen your HR skills to face today's HR issues!
Human resource issues impact every company in some way. That's why it's important to understand the fundamental issues surrounding HR today. This course is ideal for the new or junior HR practitioner, small business owner, managers, or job seekers looking to pursue a career in HR.
SHRM, the leading global HR professional organization, has developed the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course, which provides an introductory overview of the human resource function. Whether you are new to HR or HR is one of many roles you fulfill at your company, this program, offered in partnership with SHRM through Georgia Southern University, covers the key HR topics you need to know.
WHY YOU NEED THIS COURSE
Managing personnel issues? Are you someone who has responsibility for personnel issues such as a small business owner, a supervisor who has HR responsibilities, an entry-level HR professional? Are you someone exploring HR as a career field? The course covers the essentials for handling HR challenges including employment law, effective recruitment, compensation systems, employee orientation and training, the appraisal process, coaching and discipline, as well as key pieces of federal legislation including sexual harassment, age discrimination and the FMLA. Receive 12 HRCI recertification credit hours and the SHRM Certificate.
Build a solid foundation in HR management skills.
By covering a breadth of practical HR topics, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course provides the knowledge to perform daily tasks. Through this course, you will also:
- Review key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Gain insights into employee recruitment and selection while avoiding legal pitfalls.
- Enhance your skills related to total compensation systems, pay increases and incentives, and employee benefits.
- Increase your knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, professional development, and training.